Saturday, September 16, 2006

Lost in Translation

This blog entry has no really order or purpose, other than to entertain a few people. Namely Ian.

Here we go:

This sign was on the outside of a restaurant.

Yes, a restaurant has on the outside of it's storefront, saying there is no eating or drinking in said restaurant.

Well, Ladies and Gentleman... that's just freaking hilarious.

That, or really ironic. I guess the purpose of the sign is to keep people from bringing food into the restaurant and eating it there. It just got translated wrong.

Continuing on.... unfortunately, I didn't have a picture of another sign I saw in SoHo.

It was a breakfast place called "The Flying Pan," with a picture of a frying pan with wings on it. Ian, .... remember your L's and R's...

If you don't get it, well... you're just going to have to sit that one out. I'm not touching that joke with a six-foot pole. I really hope Ian gets the joke.

Continuing on, I was at a restaurant with some friends tonight, and over the background speaker comes "Last Christmas" by George Michael. Now, both Matt from Germany and I are completely caught off guard by this (there very strict protocol rules about when or when not to play Xmas music). Or local student friends didn't seem to mind it.

It must be Christmas in Hong Kong all year long then.

I know, it's not as witty as it could have been. Anyways, Please Mind the Gap, and don't eat inside restaurants.

Ken

No comments: