Sunday, August 27, 2006

Leaving on a Jet Plane, part one.

I leave for Hong Kong in three days. My flight from Los Angeles leaves at 1:20 p.m. on August 29th and arrives at 7 p.m. on August 30th. The flight is 14 1/2 hours.

I got asked again today if I am excited to leave for Hong Kong. I've had this question come passed me a lot throughout the summer. To answer:

No, not really.

Ever talk about something for months and then it finally happens? It's kinda anticlimatic. I think I just want to get on my plane and get there. Maybe I'll be a little more excited then.

To give you an interary of how things go: I fly into Hong Kong International Airport,香港國際機場, considered the best airport in the world. It's built on an island. Yes, I'll take pictures.

I then take a high speed train into Central Hong Kong. If you look at the picture below of the HK skyline, those large buildings are Central. I arrive in the HK equivilent there of Penn Station, for all my NY readers.

I then take a taxi to Simon K.Y. Lee Hall - a dorm. That's where I am living (for US$3.40 a night). The University of Hong Kong is located in the Mid-Levels, where a lot of older British architecture is found, and sits in the shadow of Victoria Peak. I love public education.

~hong kong ken

No comments: