Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I'm Alive and In Tibet

This whole blog thing hasn't worked out how I imagined it would, mainly because it's hard to post pictures.

However, I would like to state, very quickly that I am in Tibet -- Lhasa specifically. We just booked a Landcruiser tour from Lhasa to the Nepal Border today. That will take 5 days. I leave tomorrow morning.

If you wish to track me, I will be going from Lhasa to Xigaste (Shigaste), to Mt. Everest Base Camp, to a tiny tiny city that starts with a Z on the nepal border. Hot.

But, I am healthy, seeing things that have opened my eyes to truly amazing things, and in good old fashion Ken style, purchased enough items to be a signficant part of the Tibetan economy.

I promise everyone who reads regularly, I will post pictures when I get back to Hong Kong - home of the non-dialup reilable internet connection that isn't blocked by the gov't.

Miss you all.
Ken

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken, I can't wait til you get back. I am counting down the days...

Unknown said...

Tibet...Nepal...unbelievable that you are actually there...have you spun some prayer wheels and sampled butter tea?

Xmas was definately not quite the same without both you and Kevin sorting presents...

Can't wait to hear all about your sojourns and see pictures.

Have a great New Years (certainly memorable, to say the least)! and look forward to seeing you shortly thereafter :)

Safe travels,

Love,

Mom

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

I am glad you are having a great time learning about the history, culture, and geography. This is some what better than learning in a classroom with film strips!

Not to make you jealous but I had a 5 hour van tour of Yosemite last week. Not Mt. Everest but the El Capitan was awesome. Too windy to climb that day. Maybe next year once I get my rock climbing gear. Looking forward to perching my hammock on the sheer face for a few nights (well, maybe not!).

Enjoy your Land Cruiser tour to the city that starts with a Z. Is it Zorro?

Take care. Love you. Dad