Saturday, November 11, 2006

Sorry!

So... yea, I know I haven't posted in this thing in awhile. Would I be a horrible person to say that nothing is going on here in Hong Kong? It's just the usual: Work, School, Exploring the City, etc. There's nothing been interesting to write about, until this afternoon:

I went walking down Antique Street in Central Hong Kong today to look for gifts for people. Other than expensive Tea Sets I found a corner in Hong Kong that sold, of all things, Ivory.

Yea --- Ivory. That super-illegal material made of dead elephant tusks.

So, because I had no soul, I went in to look. Honestly, it was the first reasonable items I have seen. Ivory has long been prized for its ability for carving.

I found a few things that I actually liked --- very intricate, very beautiful, and very very illegal.

Oh well. I'll buy it anyways, and put the Ivory with my Absinthe, Blood Diamonds, Cuban Cigars and a Cambodian or Vietnamese baby in my luggage.

Illegal items are so awesome.

~Ken

Post's Covet Item: A trip into Tibet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love ivory! Love it love it love it.

Forget the elephants. They're depressed creatures that would trample you if they saw you. Proactive measures should be taken to avoid any human casualties...and if we get some bracelets along the way, well, good deal.

DANimal said...

Yes Ken an ivory bracelet and pendent for a necklace is what I want. Also FCUK the elephants. Oh IDEA, try and find an ivory item of an elephant crying, that would make me smile.

thomatically said...

you killed Babar! You soulless bastard.

-thomas